by Jan Shoop
Today’s reflection is on the word Knowledge.
Do you ever wonder where or how we acquire knowledge? Does knowledge come from our experiences at school? Does it come from our families and upbringing? Or does knowledge come from our interaction with the world? I think knowledge comes from all of these and probably many more areas. Look around. Where else can you gain knowledge?
|Students in pursuit of knowledge at StarShine.|
The Oxford Dictionary of Current English defines knowledge as:
1. Information and skills gained through experience or experience.
2. The total of what is known.
3. Awareness gained by experience of a fact or situation.
5 fabulous quotes that reflect knowledge:
1. “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.”
Ralph W. Sockman
2. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”
3. “A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak.”
Michael Garrett Marino
4. “What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child.”
George Bernard Shaw
5. “Knowledge is the true organ of sight, not the eyes.”
Read Reflections post: Joy
Don’t miss tomorrow’s post: “The Girl Who Wouldn’t Give Up.”