Since July is National Parks and Recreation Month, we thought it would be inspiring to list a few facts and some great Presidential quotes.
Facts About Our National Parks
1. Since 1985, the United States has celebrated National Parks and Recreation Month in July.
2. This year’s theme is, "Rock Your Park."
3. National Parks and Recreation Month encourages families to get out and explore parks, visit public swimming pools and enjoy the outside.
5 Quotes by Presidents About Our National Parks
1. “It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever.”
2. “Here is land, tranquil in its quiet beauty… To its natural abundance we owe the spectacular plant and animal life that distinguishes this place from all others in our country.”
Harry S. Truman
3. “The establishment of the National Park Service is justified by considerations of good administration, of the value of natural beauty as a National asset, and of the effectiveness of outdoor life and recreation in the production of good citizenship.”
4. “There is nothing so American as our national parks…The fundamental idea behind the parks…is that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the of the lives of all of us.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
5. “Our National Parks belong to each of us, and they are natural places to learn, exercise, volunteer, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy the magnificent beauty of our great land.”
George W. Bush
If you enjoyed these inspiring quotes, you’ll want to read:
Don’t forget to subscribe through email, RSS feed or the Kids Without Stuff Updates.
We’d love to hear what you think, please take time to write your comments below.
by Jan Shoop