5 Tips for a Successful Marriage
Today, May 24th, is my anniversary. We are celebrating 38 wonderful years together. For anyone who has been married for longer than 5 years, you will know that marriage is a two-way street with lots of ups and downs, twists and turns. Luckily, for me, I have experienced more ups than downs along with plenty of twists and turns. I believe a large part of our success is due to five things:
5 Tips for a Successful Marriage:
1. You have to be able to live with change. Everything changes through time, and that includes people and relationships. It’s important to know that change is part of the game of a successful marriage.
2. You have to be able to live with things you will never change. Anyone who goes into a marriage thinking they will change the other person is doomed for failure. Some things you will never change, so…to have a successful marriage just roll with it.
3. Take time to laugh, smile and share a hug each day. In this busy world, it is surprisingly easy to forget this simple step.
4. Listen. Be sure that you are truly listening and not just hearing what your partner is saying. Marriages where both partners listen are always happier.
5. Trust. This is the most important tip for a successful marriage, without trust you have nothing and with trust you will have a long, happy and successful marriage.
We would love to share more of our inspirational stories and quotes with you, please take a moment and sign up for our FREE newsletter. Thank you!