Today’s quotes and reflection are on Teaching.
“I touch the future. I teach.”
Working in schools as a teacher, principal and superintendent for over 25 years, I have found that all great teachers have certain common traits:
1. They believe all children can succeed.
2. They keep tutoring and supporting a child when everyone else gives up.
3. They never ridicule or tease students.
4. Their dedication to teaching comes before money, ego, status and sometimes sleep.
5. They work weekends, nights and summers to create the perfect learning opportunities.
6. They set high expectations for all students.
7. They focus on the individual child’s needs.
8. They integrate art, music, gardening and fitness into the core curriculum.
9. They are positive and goal driven with their own lives.
10. They praise students often.
“Teachers must think for themselves if they are to help others think for themselves.”
“The good teacher…discovers the natural gifts of his pupils and liberates them by the stimulating influence of the inspiration that he can impart.”
“A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil
with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.”
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll want to read:
If you enjoyed this post, please take a moment and share it with friends.
We’d love to hear your thoughts; you can post them below in our comments section.