This week’s posts will focus on communication. We’ve written articles on visualizing, etiquette, learning and teaching and all of these posts circle back around to good communication. Everything we do or say hinges on good communication or poor communication.
In schools, communication is the key for a successful classroom and for learning to take place. At StarShine, communication is one of our key philosophies. In fact, of the 15 StarShine Guiding Principles, 7 encompass communication skills.
To kick off our communication week, here are our top 10 communication quotes:
1. “Words are a form of action, capable of influencing change.”
2. “All great learners are great listeners.”
3. “The combination of successful communication – the sharing of thoughts – and physical action can, literally, move mountains.”
John-Roger & Peter McWilliams from Life 101
4. “Bad human communication leaves us less room to grow.”
Rowan D. Williams
5. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
6. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”
7. “Communication works for those who work at it.”
8. “He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.”
9. “The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid.”
10. “The trouble with talking too fast is you may say something you haven’t thought of yet.”
If you enjoyed these inspiring quotes, you’ll want to read:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our FREE Kids Without Stuff Newsletter.
We’d love to hear what you think, please take time to write your comments below.