The Holiday season is upon us and many of you will be going to parties and family events, so – we thought it would be a good time to review some etiquette tips to make your Grandma and others proud:
1. Remember to take a small gift. A plant or flowers (in a vase) would be nice.
2. Be on time. There is nothing more irritating to the host, be it Grandma or your Aunt Nellie, to arrive late for dinner.
3. Do not invite a guest to go with you without checking in advance.
In addition, remember…
· No hats on at the dinner table
· Napkins on your lap
· Let Grandma take the hostess take the first bite before you start to eat
· Praise the food, even if you don’t like it
· Offer to help with the dishes or at least to clear the table
· Be sure to thank the Host, Hostess and anyone else who contributed to the dinner
If you do all this, plus a big hug for Grandma, I guarantee she’ll love you forever.
By Lois Jamieson
Looking for more etiquette tips? Then you’ll want to read: