Best Trivia and Facts for President’s Day
· President’s Day is actually the celebration of George Washington’s birthday, although we now celebrate all Presidents on that day.
· George Washington’s birthday was declared a federal holiday in 1879.
· Constitutionally there are no ‘national holiday’s’ in the United States. Congress has the authority to institute ‘federal holidays’ only.
· George Washington only had one or two teeth. He often wore dentures, but they were not wooden.
· Four US President’s were born in February: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan and William Henry Harrison.
· President’s Day is always celebrated on the 3rd Monday of February.
· George Washington died at age 67.
7 Great George Washington Quotes
“Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.”
“Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.”
“Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.”
“Happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected.”
“I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery.”
“I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.”
“99% of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”
9 Great Abraham Lincoln Quotes
“A house divided against itself cannot stand.”
“All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.”
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.”
“Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”
“Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.”
“Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people can be engaged in.”
“Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”
“The man does not live who is more devoted to peace than I am. None who would do more to preserve it.”
If you enjoyed these Kids Without Stuff quotes and facts, you’ll want to read: