Universal Children’s Week is celebrated throughout the world during the month of October.
If it were up to me, we would celebrate children every day of the year. Children are our hope for the future. They should be mentored, guided, educated and loved. Celebrating children and their dreams and diversity is what Kids Without Stuff is all about. Join us in celebrating Universal Children’s Week this week and throughout the year.
8 Great Quotes for Universal Children’s Week:
1. “A child miseducated is a child lost.” John F. Kennedy
2. “Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.” Nadia Boulanger
3. “If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.” Rachel Carson
4. “Love your children with all your hearts love them enough to discipline them before it is too late… Praise them for important things, even if you have to stretch them a bit. Praise them a lot. They love on it like bread and butter and they need it more than bread and butter.” Lavina Christensen Fugal
5. “The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught. As that every child should be given the wish to learn.” John Lubbock
6. “The children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.” Luke 16:8
7. “You should water your children like you water a tree.” Hopi Proverb
8. “Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Thanks for taking time to read and support our inspirational Kids Without Stuff blog!