Friday is Veteran’s Day, a day that we honor all Veterans. During this week, students study about Veteran’s Day and learn about what it means to be a Veteran.
At StarShine, we continually honor Veterans by having a weekly food drive throughout the year with the food being donated to a Veteran’s Shelter. My mom and I would like to thank all the Veterans who are now inspiring teachers at StarShine. I would also like to thank my dad for his service to our country and to all the other men who served in the Korean War, World War II and many other wars. We send you our sincere gratitude for your years of service.
7 Great Veteran’s Day Quotes for Schools
- “America’s veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world.” John Doolittle
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” Elmer Davis
- “Freedom is never free.” Unknown
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” Maya Angelou
- “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.” George S. Patton
- “There never was a good war or a bad peace.” Benjamin Franklin
Looking for more interesting quotes or facts, then you’ll want to read: