Today is Kite Flying Day
To me, watching a kite flying is like looking at a rainbow – both high in the sky and quite beautiful. Doing either one with a child is even more magical.
Once more, I turn to my small book with great ideas, “To a Child Love is Spelled Time,” by Mac Anderson & Lance Wubbels. The book is filled with wonderful quotes about spending time with a child. Here are a few:
- “A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.” Forest E. Witcraft
- “Children are what we make them.” – French Proverb
- “Encouragement is oxygen to the soul.” – George Adams
- “All children are artists, and it is an indictment of our culture that so many of them lose their creativity, their unfettered imaginations, as they grow older.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important.” – Charles E. Hummel
- “The great man is he who does not lose his child’s heart.” – Mencius
So, stop what you are doing and …GO FLY A KITE, with a child, of course.
By Lois Jamieson
If you enjoyed these fun holiday facts and quotes from Kids Without Stuff, then you’ll want to read: