This week, August 1 - 7, is Simplify Your Life Week. The week focuses on slowing down and simplifying your life. I think it’s a great idea, especially with all the back to school activities. August can be very stressful for teachers, parents and kids. Here is a list of 7 quotes to help you remember to simplify your life:
1. “Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fact – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” Eddie Cantor
2. “It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.” Somerset Maugham
3. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” Hans Hofmann
4. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius
5. “Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.” Unknown
6. “Live simply that others might simply live.” Elizabeth Ann Seton
7. “We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents, or the country of our birth. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live.” Joseph Epstein
Take time this week and choose to simplify your life.
If you enjoyed this inspiring post, you’ll want to read:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Kids Without Stuff Newsletter.
We’d love to hear what you think,
please take time to write your comments below.